BOZAR / CENTRE FOR FINE ARTS / Brussels, Belgium
Cities in both Latin America and in Europe have become major global actors and strategic territories where tremendous social, political, economic, environmental and cultural changes are currently taking place. Both the EU and Latin America witness a myriad of public and private examples to regenerate public spaces and local communities. In that framework, culture and creativity can offer new perspectives and alternatives to challenges raised by social exclusion and urban development. This debate will discuss how the EU and Latin America can jointly address these issues to forge more inclusive and resilient cities.
The open debate follows a one-day experts’ seminar at BOZAR organized, jointly with Interarts, in the framework of the EU project ‘Culture and arts supporting social cohesion in Latin American cities - LAIC’ funded by the European Commission.
- Introduction by Paul Dujardin, BOZAR CEO, and Stefano Manservisi (TBC), Director General, DG DEVCO
- Carlos Uribe : Architect, cultural operator and historian, Colombia
- Edgar Endress : Artist, Chile/USA
- Myriam Stoffen : Director of Zinneke, Belgium
- Matteo Ferroni : Architect, Italy
Moderator: Mercedes Giovinazzo, Interarts